4 July 2013

Cumin Burgers

I love burgers. Not fast food burgers, but actual homemade beef burgers. I'm really skeptical when someone tells me a restaurant serves THE best burger in town. I've taken those advice plenty of times only to find myself disappointed at the end of the night. Most places freeze the meat, which is understandable. However, freezing those burger patties means they lose the natural, flavourable juices which make your burger very tasty. That's why MOST restaurant burgers are dry and taste mediocre.

I started making my own burgers at home in 2007 by following a recipe. After 6 years I have made enough burgers to change its taste as and when I like. One of my favourite burgers is Cumin Burger. It has a slight tinge of spiciness and the cumin adds fragrance to the burger. 
Copyright Yoyo's Kitchen Adventures
Here's the recipe for it.

Ingredients (Serves 2)


  • 150g minced beef
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 1 small carrot, finely shredded
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp cumin spice
  • Half tsp cayenne pepper
  • Half tsp dried rosemary herbs
  • Half tsp black pepper
  • Salt (just a little sprinkle)
  • 2 tbsp of oil
  • Grated cheese
  • Iceberg salad
  • Burger buns
  • Jalapeno (Optional)
  • Sunnyside ups (optional)
Instructions
  1. Mix the minced beeg, onion, carrots, cumin spice, cayenne pepper, rosemary herbs, black pepper and salt in a bowl.
  2. Add the egg and use your hands to combine it well.
  3. Divide the mixture into 2 equal portions and flatten them. Make sure they are about the same thickness (and not too thick).
  4. Wrap the individual patties separately in cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
  5. Heat the oil in a frying pan at high temperature. Put the patties in when the pan is sizzling hot. 
  6. Fry each side for 3 minutes and then lower to medium-low heat.
  7. Continue frying on medium-low heat for 5 minutes on each side.
  8. Sprinkle some grated cheese over the patties and turn off the heat.
Tips

I always put some vegetables on the bottom half of the burger bun before placing the patty on it. This is so the bun doesn't get all soggy from the meat juices (yum! yum!). I love eggs so I always fry a sunnyside up to go with my burgers too but this is optional. If you like your food to be a little spicy, feel free to add some jalapeno to your burger. Go easy on them though!




No comments:

Post a Comment