28 March 2014

Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins



20140328-152237.jpg
Note: Link to recipe can be found at the end of this post.

On Thursday afternoon, I thought it would be a good idea to grab a muffin and cold drink from Starbucks in town for a quick lunch amidst all the errands I had to run. It turned out to be a rather dissatisfying Raspberry Cream Cheese muffin which had NO raspberries in it whatsoever. Not a single one. It tasted just like a badly baked vanilla muffin.

Here’s a photo of the Starbucks muffin. I didn’t even bother taking photos of what it looked inside since there was nothing.

20140328-152630.jpg

Should I be surprised? Perhaps I’m pampered by the many cafés in Frankfurt that actually sell homebaked delicacies to appreciate Starbucks anymore.

To satisfy my craving, I made my own muffins instead. However, the supermarket I went to didn’t have raspberries so I baked the muffins with blueberries instead. Here’s my rule: if you’re going to name it a raspberry cream cheese muffin, Starbucks should have made sure that there were raspberries in it. Hence, when I baked these muffins, I went nuts with the ingredients. Probably something a huge commercial café like Starbucks couldn’t afford to do.

Here’s how the inside of the muffin I baked looks like. Yes, I love packing it with blueberries and a good amount of cream cheese!
20140328-153426.jpg

Thankfully these muffins are NOT difficult to bake. I love to have homebaked muffins every so often for breakfast on weekends or when we have an excursion. They are such lovely snacks to have on long train journeys.

If you’re also interested in baking your own raspberry/blueberry cream cheese muffins, here’s the link to the recipe I used. There are plenty of fanciful recipes out there but all I was searching for today was a simple one. This proved to worked well for me and I hope it will for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment