11 April 2014

Homemade Quiche

20140411-210447.jpg

Firstly, I would like to say a big thank you to Sarah of Backpack Bees for sharing her quiche recipe with me. I was complaining on the lack of variety available in German supermarkets and Sarah volunteered to make a quiche to show me how easy it was. She was so right!
20140411-210654.jpg

Unlike other quiche that involves making a crust, Sarah knew that I would prefer a all ingredients in one bowl recipe. This made things a lot simpler for me. I threw in all the ingredients in a huge mixing bowl and dished it into a cake tin. It worked perfectly too. I didn’t want to spend money on getting a tin specially for baking a quiche for the first time. However I did buy a new measuring jug that measures in cups! Now I can try out more recipes from American sites without converting numbers online.
20140411-211039.jpg

I followed Sarah’s recipe very closely and baked the quiche for 45 minutes at 200 degrees Cels in the oven. Greedy me did add some shredded mozzarella cheese though since I had them in the fridge.

The quiche tasted heavenly! So much better than the ones I get from the supermarkets in Germany. I love how versatile the recipe can be too. Instead of courgette (or zucchini), I’ll try making it with leeks and broccoli next time. I’m so looking forward to making a variety of quiche!

As Sarah said in her blog post, you can omit bacon/ham if you prefer a vegetarian option.

For Sarah’s recipe, please do visit her blog at this link (Quiche recipe).

No comments:

Post a Comment