25 April 2014

Sausages with Sticky Onion Gravy

20140425-191403.jpg


Living in the land of sausages, one of my favourite sausages is the Nürnberger sausage. It originated from the city of Nürnberg. Made from coarsely ground lean pork and usually seasoned with marjoram, salt, pepper, ginger, cardamom, and lemon powder, these sausages are thin and small. The Germans usually serve them with sauerkraut and potatoes. To improvise, I served them with a slight British flair – Sticky onion gravy, Yorkshire puddings and beans.

I rely heavily on BBC Good Food for my British recipes. Hence, it is no surprise that the recipe for Sausages with Sticky Onion Gravy comes from them too.

The gravy was not only flavoursome but also aromatic. The mixture of thyme, sugar and splash of Worchetershire sauce gave the gravy its rich taste which complimented the sausages.

The Yorkshire pudding recipe which I’ve featured on my blog before was also from BBC Good Food. Unfortunately, I’ve yet to get myself Yorkshire Pudding tins or even a muffin tin. I’m still stuck with my mini-cupcakes tin which explains the oddly shaped Yorkshire Puddings. I promise you the taste isn’t compromised though!

Daniel appeared to enjoy homecooked British food. I must admit I don’t cook English food as often as I perhaps should. He must have had 8-9 mini Yorkshire Puddings and 7 sausages!

No comments:

Post a Comment